Thursday, May 26, 2016

Pig Dissection Relate+Review

The purpose was the physically see the organ systems and how they worked together. We saw what we had learned about in the vodcasts about the systems in the body that maintain homeostasis but instead this was in the body of a pig. My favorite part of the dissection was cutting open the heart because it was the most interesting part. We got to see the actual veins and it was even more clear because of the color dye that had been injected the pig. I think it was a very valuable experience because I got to get a hands-on look inside a an intact once-living animal. It was my first real dissection, and unless I become a doctor, one of the few dissections in my life. It defiantly increased my knowledge of how the inside of my own body looks and I will keep that idea for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment