Monday, February 29, 2016

20 TIME SERIES: Health Blog Project Goals

What is 20% Time?
20 time is a project in which we get 20% of class time to work on something that we solely choose. 

My essential question is, "what is the best way to eat food?". In terms of intake, I want to answer what, when, why, and how much. 

My project will be a blog informing people, though mainly directed at teenagers, on nutrition and how they can better them selves by the correct foods in their busy lives. I chose this because I play sports and I need the proper fuel to keep me playing at my best. It answers the question by showing what to do and not do since there are many different rumors and studies, I want to condense it into one neat blog.


My goal is to make a blog with different styles of posts, like videos or infographics, that is easy to view. I also want to educate my self with guidelines that will stick with me throughout so I can stay healthy.

I will measure it by how many posts I can make with my research and how many people find it useful. 

My plan moving forward is first, to make the new blog, then start posting every 1-2 weeks. I want to make sure to choose an original layout  for the blog and make it cleat for people to read. Every post will require quite a bit of research so I want to find many sources that have most of the topics I want to learn about. 

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like an interesting topic to research. I like how you are concerned about nutrition, especially since you are an athlete, like I am. One question I have for you is how will you create a guide on what we can eat to help fuel ourselves and stay nutritious. Since nutrition can vary from person to person and what nutrients they need, I found this website that might be helpful to you (http://nutritiondata.self.com). On the side, there is a Daily Needs Calculator that I think you should try out and collect research from, because it might help you also get a better understanding of the ranges of physical activity with the daily recommended nutrients. I wish you the best of luck on your 20-time project :)
    -Raquel Boales

    ReplyDelete